I don’t care if you’re married or single, in a long-distance relationship, a brand new relationship, or heck, if you’re dating yourself… you NEED this Red Velvet Biscotti!!
This naturally red Red Velvet Biscotti is crunchy, perfectly sweet, and drizzled with chocolate.
It’s delicious when served alongside a cup of coffee, or maybe even a pint of your favorite ice cream 😉
It’s also delicious all on its own, of course!
Thanks to Truvia® for sponsoring this post, and thank YOU for supporting the brands that keep Desserts With Benefits going! All opinions are mine and mine alone!
Biscotti is usually a hit or miss with most people. I feel like you either like it or you don’t care for it. I’ve never been one to care for it because it always seemed too plain and crunchy. That is, until I made a batch myself. I made this Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti a little bit ago and I became OBSESSED. It’s crunchy, yes, but it’s not plain in the slightest. It’s packed full of chocolate-hazelnut goodness, and while it’s not overly sweet, it satisfies your sweet tooth with every bite.
Since I’m obsessed with anything red velvet, and since Valentine’s Day is coming up, I thought, why not make some Biscotti? Red Velvet style!
And so I did.
Typical biscotti recipes call for all-purpose flour, butter, sugar, and eggs, but I wanted to make the treat a little better for you. I swapped:
- all-purpose flour with almond meal
- butter with roasted beet puree
- sugar with Truvia Spoonable
- eggs with ground flaxseed
Even with all of these swaps, the Red Velvet Biscotti maintains the classic biscotti crunch, but has added benefits. Oh, and a beautiful red color!
Because we swapped out the flour, this biscotti is gluten-free.
Because we swapped out the butter and eggs, this biscotti is dairy-free and vegan.
Because we swapped out the sugar, this biscotti is lower in sugar and carbs.
That’s a win-win-win!
What would you top your biscotti with? Dark chocolate or white chocolate? Or both? 😉
You’d never know this naturally red Red Velvet Biscotti is gluten free, vegan, and lower in sugar than typical biscotti!
It’s perfectly crunchy, has the right amount of sweetness, and is drizzled with chocolate. I used both dark chocolate and white chocolate, but you can use whatever kind you like.
This NATURALLY RED Red Velvet Biscotti is crunchy, perfectly sweet, and drizzled with chocolate. You’d never know it’s low in sugar, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan — it’ll satisfy your sweet tooth with every bite!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the almond meal, ground flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, stir together the beet puree, Truvia, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until you get a uniform dough.
- Scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet and shape into a rectangle (~4″x8″). Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 25 minutes, then slice into ~½” strips. Carefully lay the strips on their sides, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully flip each biscotti and bake for another 7-10 minutes, or until firm. Let cool completely. Drizzle with melted no-sugar-added chocolate or serve all on its own. Enjoy!
Who needs plain old regular biscotti made with refined flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, when this vibrant red and chocolatey Red Velvet Biscotti exists??
Subscribe to the newsletter and get decadent, yet healthy, treats sent straight to your inbox… FREE!
Indulge − no strings attached!