ATTENTION. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THIS GUILT-FREE FRENCH SILK PIE IS BOMB AND WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! ?
Sorry (not sorry) for shouting, yet it was positively required that we get your attention. This pie. THIS PIE. It’s a ultimate cake for a chocolate-lover in we — it’s impossibly abounding and tawny and honeyed and chocolatey. It’ll prove your honeyed tooth and chocolate longing in one fell swoop.
But wait, didn’t we contend it was guilt-free?
Oh yes, dear friend, approbation we did.
Typical French Silk Pies are done with a pastry dough (main ingredients: bleached all-purpose flour and lots of butter) and a chocolate sabayon (main ingredients: egg yolks, lots of sugar, and even some-more butter). A singular cake can enclose adult to 3 sticks of butter and 1¾ cups of sugar! But NOPE, not here.
I took out all of a combined butter and sugar, and kept all of a tantalizing tasty ahhhmazing flavor. One punch of this Guilt-Free French Silk Pie, though, and you’d consider I’m lying. It’s too abounding to be giveaway of butter. It’s too honeyed to be done though a combined sugar. It’s too damn good to be… guilt-free!
French Silk Pie doesn’t have to be a daunting recipe. A lot of people get stress (including me) over cake crusts and sabayon, yet we don’t need to worry about those in this recipe. Here, we start with an easy, stress-free, ready-to-bake cake crust made by a Immaculate Baking Co. (found during Whole Foods):
These crusts are done with unbleached, unbromated wheat flour, natural oils, and positively no preservatives or artificial food dyes. A sheer contrariety to other ready-to-bake cake crusts that are done with chemically frosty flour, dangerous hydrogenated lard, preservatives and dyes (ew). Immaculate Baking Co. is a transparent leader here. I’m gonna be regulating this cake membrane to make all my holiday treats (and that’s including a Healthy Nutella Pudding Pie guys… yes, for real) ?
After we bake off a crust, we pierce onto a filling! I’m a disreputable lil’ charlatan and used my Healthy Vanilla Pudding recipe and combined chocolate chips to it. BOOM. Totally sleighed it (heh, get it? I know, we know, I’m sore yet during slightest I’ve got some holiday spirit)!
After a cake sets up, it’s time to DIG IN with these positively NON-negotiable toppings: natural churned cream, uninformed raspberries, grated chocolate, Healthy Chocolate Syrup, a light powdering of powdered erythritol, or even a dip of softened Healthy Vanilla Ice Cream.
I got 99 problems yet dessert ain’t one ?
one 6″ pie
Guilt-Free French Silk Pie
For a Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a rolled cake membrane out of a fridge and let it lay during room temp for about 20 minutes, or until somewhat malleable (if we unroll it cold, it could tear). Unroll a cake membrane into a 6″ springform pan. Press a membrane resolutely opposite a walls of a pan, and use a blade to cut divided a additional crust. we cut a membrane ~2″ high all around a vessel (you can reroll a additional membrane and use it to make mini galettes, cake pops, or even particular quiches!). Bake for ~11 minutes, or until entirely baked and set. Let cold while we make a filling.
For a Filling:
- In a double boiler placed over middle heat, drive together a little dash of a coconut milk, egg yolks, and corn starch, until totally smooth. Whisk in a residue of a coconut milk. Once it heats up, drive constantly until thick and pudding-like.
- Strain a reduction by a excellent filigree separate into a heat-proof play and drive in a vanilla paste, stevia extract, and chocolate chips. Pour into a cooled cake crust.
- Cover and cool overnight. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Be certain to follow @DessertsWithBenefits on Instagram! If we try this recipe, make certain to snap a design of it, tab me @DessertsWithBenefits, and hashtag #DessertsWithBenefits. I’d adore to see it and feature you on #FanFaveFridays!
It’s Immaculate Baking Co.’s goal to offer up delicious baked goods, so they combined an endless line of rational baking products (including approved gluten-free and organic goodies so everyone can suffer dessert)! ? Make certain to revisit a Immaculate Baking Co. site to check out their products and recipe ideas. To get we started, here’s a banking for $1 off any Immaculate Baking Co. product!
Stawp all you’re doing and make this Guilt-Free French Silk Pie (now that’s an order! ?) — it will make your day as enchanting as can be.