There is something about blueberries and lemon liking and cream cheese… it’s kind of like chocolate and caramel and nuts- they only go together, and we don’t quarrel it. (But really- check out these Caramel Chocolate Pecan Cubes after you’re finished creation these muffins.)
I have married cream cheese with blueberries before (flash behind to a Blueberries Cream Pound Cake) with good success, though schooled a doctrine that one has to be tolerably extreme with how many blueberries one can supplement to a recipe (instead of unreasonably excessive, that is something we have finished before… some-more isn’t always improved in a blueberry department.). So for these muffins, we was clever with a blueberry volume. But maybe not so most with a cream cheese filling.
Yeah, about that cream cheese filling. I done a bit of mistake with them here, so if you’re adult for some entertainment, review about it in your gangling time. Just follow my instructions next and we won’t finish adult with a pool of blazing cream cheese on a bottom of your oven.
Adapted from Esther Brody’s recipe…
4 oz. cream cheese, malleable (half a block)
1/4 crater confectioners’ sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 crater (6 tablespoons) melted butter
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 crater light brownish-red sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375° and douse 12 muffin liners.
- In a vast bowl, kick cream cheese and confectioners’ sugarine until smooth. Store in freezer until prepared to use.
- In a vast bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a middle bowl, warp butter in x-ray afterwards supplement milk, brownish-red sugar, egg, lemon liking and almond extract. Stir until combined. Add to flour reduction and stir until half mixed. Gently stir in blueberries until only blended.
- Scoop a tiny volume of beat into bottom of prepared muffin liners. Add 1 tablespoon of cold cream cheese mixture, afterwards tip with remaining batter. Bake for 20 mins or until easily browned.
- No brownish-red sugar? You can use white sugarine too. No problem.
- No almond extract? Oh, shoot! You unequivocally contingency get one, or else how do we devise to make Coconut Macaroons? Go forward and use vanilla remove this time around. (Maybe we can supplement a dash of amaretto liqueur?)
- Go forward and double-layer a flavor- add a tablespoon of blueberry jam on tip of a cream cheese, afterwards supplement a beat on top.
- Be certain to totally cover a cream cheese dip with a tip covering of batter. You don’t wish this to happen.
Click Here to PRINT This Recipe Now!