Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google launches new Google Finance features in search and drops the portfolio feature
Nov 28, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Check out the new Google Finance, which means many will lose the “portfolio” feature in the old Google Finance.
- Google Trends now shows data for YouTube search, Google Shopping, News search Image search
Nov 28, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Google says it aims to open up more data to show what’s being searched around the world.
- Auction Insights 3: The final script
Nov 28, 2017 by Daniel Gilbert
Columnist Daniel Gilbert shares his updated Auction Insights script, which helps you keep track of what your competitors are doing.
- The changing SERP: Understanding and adapting to dynamic search results
Nov 28, 2017 by Jim Yu
Search results have become more personalized and dynamic over the years, creating a more challenging SEO environment for search and content marketers. But columnist Jim Yu shows how these changes can create opportunities for those willing to do the work.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- What’s the secret to getting new clients?
- Cyber Monday brings in a record $6.59B in online sales, with $2B coming from mobile
- Data fidelity matters, online and offline
- Facebook tests tool to make it easier for businesses to send message blasts on Messenger
- Bpm’online has a built-in advantage for complying with GDPR
- Why writing style matters for social and content marketing
- Registration for MarTech is open!
- How a work detox led Jones Soda CEO to a path of business enlightenment
- Coming to terms with fake reviews
- 2-step methodology for dealing with PPC performance downturns
Search News From Around The Web:
- Alexa developers can now use notifications, soon personalize apps based on users’ voices, TechCrunch
- An AMP Paywall and Subscription Model for All Publishers, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
- Google Bug Drops Out Many Answers From The Local QA Feature, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Improve Your Click Through Rate (CTR) Inside Of Google, Ignite Visibility
- Search Campaign Keywords – Quality or Quantity?, Hallam Internet
- The Common Pitfalls of Ad Disapproval in AdWords, Periscopix
About The Author