Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Posts can now be automated with new API support
Oct 16, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Google My Business API version 4.0 adds new features, including the ability to manage your Google Posts.
- Facebook officially rolls out food ordering as part of longer-term commerce evolution
Oct 16, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Facebook has been building a range of commerce tools and capabilities, many of which are directed at local and offline transactions.
- How machine learning levels the SERP playing field
Oct 16, 2017 by Kristopher Jones
Contributor Kristopher Jones explains how SEOs should be changing their practices to keep up with trends in the way Google evaluates web pages.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Is GDPR the Y2K for B2B marketing? And how to use it to your advantage
- Nanigans launches incrementality optimization reporting solution
- Instagram redesigns call-to-action bar to dynamically mirror ads
- What airlines can learn from smart marketers about the customer experience
- 5 things you’re doing that drive your freelance writers crazy
- Mobile devices offer special vulnerabilities to fraud
- Scott Brinker: Marketing is now customer experience’s champion
- Twitter latest to be slammed for deleting Russian fake account data
Search News From Around The Web:
- PPC Ad Extension Basics Best Practices, Metric Theory
- Inside X, Google’s Moonshot Factory, The Atlantic
- Announcing the Art and Science of Extensions on Bing Ads webcast, Bing Ads Blog
- Google Ranking Fair: Google Engineers Show Off Future Search Changes, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Shares Details About the Technology Behind Googlebot, moz.com
- Netflix’ SEO Problems on Google and What You Can Learn From Them, SISTRIX
- Semantic Search and SEO: Here’s Why SEO Will Never Be the Same, Stone Temple
- Should you really streamline your AdWords account?, 3Q Digital
- Space out with planets in Google Maps, Google Blog
- Voice Assistants Could Transform Local — But Not Necessarily How You Might Think, Street Fight
About The Author