Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- US court orders Google not to comply with Canadian court’s order delisting search results
Nov 3, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The US court agreed with Google that implementation of the Canadian court’s ruling would violate US laws, including the right to free speech.
- SEO ranking factors for 4 business verticals and what they mean for local businesses
Nov 6, 2017 by Wesley Young
As organic search becomes ever more targeted, SEO is evolving in ways that require more customization. Wesley Young explores a recent study on ranking factors and provides 7 practical takeaways to boost search rank.
- Google Maps enables creating sharing lists on desktop version
Nov 6, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
The feature, launched in February on Google Maps mobile versions, is now available on the desktop interface.
- Target the right keywords — for Google AND your clients
Nov 6, 2017 by Greg Gifford
Columnist Greg Gifford illustrates the importance of educating your clients on different types of keywords and when to target them.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 7 tips to ramp up your holiday advertising
- Do Google Posts impact ranking? A case study
- 5 ways one entrepreneur used Instagram to build a powerful network of contacts
- Reddit updates self-serve ad-buying tool with conversion tracking, audience reporting
- Prepare for the discovery-driven, visual-obsessed shopper this holiday
- Fake ads, Russians and regulation: Facebook, Google and Twitter face a moment of crisis
- Smartpipe looks to solve GDPR-compliant ad targeting by treating identifiers as ‘snowflakes’
- Creating a B2B and B2C overlap strategy
- Marketing AI: It’s time for trust and transparency
Search News From Around The Web:
- TripAdvisor apologizes after removing claims of rape and assault to keep its forums ‘family friendly’, The Washington Post
- Google employees served with the ‘Android burger’, The Express Tribune
- Bruce Clay’s Views on Building Links for SEO, BruceClay.com
- Google Says Few Strong Pages Often Better Than Many Weak Ones, Search Engine Roundtable
- Holiday Hub: An early Christmas gift from Bing Ads, Bing Ads Blog
- Measuring Content Effectiveness: Why Time on Page Is Not Always Best, Stone Temple
About The Author